Webinars, Events, Media Articles and Other Happenings
In the Press
- Our book, Married with Special Needs Children, was recently reviewed in both Preemie Family and Preemie Professional‘s newsletters! Take a look!
- Laura Marshak had an article published in the April-May 2012 issue of Autism File: Marriage Boosters-8 ways to saty close and work together.
- Dr. Marshak joined Duncan and Seth Fowler for a webinar hosted by Thriving with Autism.com. Please follow the link to this interesting panel discussion on supporting fathers of children with autism. Both Seth Fowler and Stuart Duncan share their candid and stimulating points of views. http://www.thrivingwithautism.com/supporting-fathers-how-autism-can-impact-fathers-and-the-family-dynamic/
- Dr. Marshak was interviewed in an article that recently appeared in the Huffington Post and was authored by Dr. Harold Koplewicz http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-harold-koplewicz/marriage-advice_b_833373.html
- Dr. Marshak had the pleasure of being interviewed by Karen Cimms as part of her ongoing coverage of the journey of Mary Anne Christo and her husband Eric Waksmunski after giving birth to twins with Down Syndrome. Please see the following link to:Down Syndrome,A Family’s Journey Chapter 4: Counting on each other. http://tnlife.wordpress.com/chapter-4-counting-on-each-other/
- Front page article on AbleNews cites Fran as reviewer in national children’s disability book award by Council for Exceptional Children. Click to see information on winners including Holly Robinson Peete and her daughter for “My Brother Charlie” See more at: http://www.ablenews.com/online_issue/04APR12NJ.pdf
- Fran Prezant served on the Advisory Committee for the 4th annualReelabilities: The New York Disabilities Film Festival that began in Manhattan on February 9th for a week, premiering the film Ocean Heaven and followed by a talk back by Jeff Harris, President of the Schottenstein Foundation from Cincinatti whose support heas helped springboard this into a national program this year. See more at: www.Reelabilities.org
- Fran Prezant was an invited participant at the 5th International Forum on Disability in Doha, Qatar. Sponsored by the Sheika Mosa bint Nasser and Cherie Blair, the topic of this year’s forum at Shafallah was “Crisis, Conflict and Disability: Ensuring Equality” and was attended by over 200 disability specialist and humanitarian aid organizations from over 50 countries. see more at: www.Shafallahforum.org
- Fran Prezant served as an invited reviewer for the 2012 Dolly Gray Children’s Book awards recently presented by the National Council for Exceptional Children’s Division on Autism and Developmental Disabilities.
- Fran Prezant was a guest speaker in December, 2011, at an urban diversity and inclusion class at the CUNY Graduate Center in NY